Vetted and approved by Trading Standards
Monitored for customer service
Visited by a Trading Standards professional
Qualified, insured & reference checked
Overall Customer Rating
Mobbs Miller House
N/A miles from your postcode
Building Contractors, Carpenter/Joiner, Doors, Guttering / Soffits / Fascias, Painters & Decorators, Plasterers, Property Maintenance & Repair Services, Windows/Glass/Double Glazing
Based on 2 reviews
The initial consultation was friendly and professional. The room to be worked on, a very small bathroom, in a Victorian terrace house was in a poor state of repair, and it wasnât a full renovation. However, the quality of the work was very poor, paint left on light fittings, sealant not done properly around sink, vinyl flooring not fitted well, left with a seam lifted and a bulge. No clearing up was done by workmen, buckets etc stored in bath with no cloths laid down first, no dust cloths used at all, so left with plaster splashes, and bits of sealant on floor. Workmen left early on several days to complete work elsewhere. Very over priced for amount of work, quality of work and quality of materials supplied. Left feeling extremely disappointed and upset by the whole experience.
Firstly I would like to say I am sorry the Consumer was not pleased with our work.
However, I must reply to the Consumers points, whilst I agree to a couple and hold my hands up to them, I do not agree to the following the Consumer has mentioned.
Price Too High
* A written estimate was given and a long delay happened before we started the work.
* The work was done for £1,535 to include, plaster ceiling and paint / tiling to one wall / painting to remaining walls / supply and fix skirting boards / supply plywood and supply and lay new vinyl flooring / supply and fit new shower screen.
* Supply and install 1 x handrail to cellar steps.
* Covering up, yes we could have done better, but was told carpet was to be renewed. However, I accept we should have still used dust sheets.
* The snagging items would have took us no more than 3-4 hours work to rectify. I did offer to do them but was not allowed.
Finally, I am sorry the Consumer was not happy, but my price was more than fair and would have been more than willing to go back to sort snagging out,
(Reviewed January 2018)
work carried out professionally with courtesy. Obliging and helpful with other work found. (Reviewed August 2016)