Buy With Confidence would cease to exist without the support of its members and so we realise that in order to sustain and grow the scheme we need to make sure that we are supporting our members in return.
We realise that in business reputation is everything and we feel the same about the Buy With Confidence brand; we know you’re proud to say you’re a Buy With Confidence Trading Standards Approved business and we want to continue to ensure that being a Buy With Confidence member adds value to your company.
Promotion and growth of the scheme go hand in hand, as more consumers become aware of the scheme the demand for businesses to supply their needs will grow, and so we’re always looking for ways in which to publicise the scheme. You can do your bit by ensuring that you use the Buy With Confidence branding and logos on your business materials, stationary and vehicles to really get the scheme noticed, so we’ll make sure we provide you with the necessary materials to let your customers know you’re on board.
Read on to see some of the ways in which we are committed to supporting your business.
- The scheme operator will maintain a publicly available website which will contain information about the Scheme, access to standard documentation and will also allow viewers to search for member businesses by trade sector and/or geographical area, listings will include your business address, contact information,customer feedback rating, accreditations and you will have the ability to personalise your own profile with individual log in details.
- The scheme operator will make available upon request a list of member businesses.
- The scheme operator will provide you with a membership certificate for display in your premises.
- The scheme operator will provide you with window and van stickers advertising your membership of the Scheme.
- The scheme operator will provide you with an electronic version of their logo for use in your own advertising and promotional material.
- The scheme operator will produce posters and leaflets promoting the Scheme which will be used for display at events and in public buildings.
- The scheme operator will seek to promote the Scheme at all relevant events and presentations given and attended by them and in appropriate written and broadcast media.
- The scheme operator will ensure that Buy With Confidence continues to have a presence on social media – follow us on twitter @BWCConnect or at facebook.com/buywithconfidence
- Regular Advice and Assistance
- The scheme operator will provide advice on specific enquiries about trading standards legislation and will provide updates on changes in the law as appropriate.
- An e-mail address and a telephone contact will be provided for members’ queries about the Scheme or about trading standards/consumer protection legislation in general. Responses will be made within five working days. Queries will be allocated to a named contact officer who will be able to offer further advice and assistance on any trading standards related matters, when required this advice can be confirmed in writing.
- Assistance with staff training will be given as appropriate and where resources permit. A charge may be made for such training, but this will be agreed in advance.
- The scheme operator will produce a regular Newsletter which will inform you of recent developments within the Scheme, new legislation and other current regulatory matters.
- The scheme administrator will provide technical support in the event you are having difficulties with your member profile – please use the Contact Us form for your enquiry; we aim to respond to any queries within 5 working days.
- Mediation – Buy With Confidence
- If necessary the Trading Standards Service will be able to offer civil advice to both parties.
- If a solution to a customer complaint cannot be found then the Trading Standards Service may offer to mediate between the two parties.Whilst we make every effort to ensure that members comply with the law we cannot guarantee that their work will never give rise to a complaint – please click here to read about the scheme’s limitations
Comments are closed.